Air Conditioning Repair in Baton Rouge, LA
Keeping You Cool in Denham Springs & Beyond
You depend on your air conditioner to keep your home comfortable during the long, hot Louisiana summer; but when your air conditioning system breaks down or doesn't run efficiently, your comfort and quality of life suffer may suffer, not to mention your wallet. You need a trusted air conditioning repair company near you to provide prompt, professional service you can rely on – a company like Bitter Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc..
For almost three decades, Bitter Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. has provided AC repair in Southeast Louisiana. We offer free and detailed estimates for customers in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, and beyond.
Professional Solutions for Common AC Problems
Our fully trained, licensed, and insured HVAC technicians are troubleshooting experts. No job is too big or too small for our expert team. We are equipped to diagnose and repair all types of air conditioning equipment, including central air conditioning systems, heat pumps, and ductless mini-split systems from all major brands. In our nearly three decades of experience, we have encountered virtually every cooling problem possible.
Common AC issues we handle include:
- Weak airflow - There are a few different reasons you could be experiencing weak airflow. You could have an air filter that's dirty and obstructing the proper airflow your unit needs to thrive. It could also be that you have blocked vents or that your ducts are leaking.
- Frequent cycling - Air conditioners are supposed to cool and rest in regular intervals. But when your AC isn't at 100%, it might need to cool more and more to keep your indoor environment at the desired temperature. Give our Baton Rouge AC repair team a call because this extra work is going to cost you money on your utility bills.
- Uneven cooling - If some parts of your residence are getting more cold air than others, first check that you don't have any furniture blocking your vents. It's also possible that you have a leak in your ducts that needs to be repaired.
- Warm air - An AC blowing warm air is never ideal. If this is happening, first check that your air filter is clean and not obstructing proper airflow. If that's not the issue, then call in our AC repair team because it's likely that your evaporator coil needs a good cleaning.
- Not turning on at all - This is either a symptom of an electrical problem or it could be that your AC unit needs to be replaced.
- Banging, clanging, or squealing noises - A little bit of noise is completely natural when it comes to your AC unit, but these aforementioned noises indicate the need for AC repair. Act swiftly because a small noise can mean something is loose and that could cause further damage to your unit.
- Odd smells - Mildew or other odd smells from your air ducts are somewhat normal, but if it smells like something is burning then your AC unit should be inspected at the very least.
What to Expect from an AC Repair Service?
When your air conditioner breaks down, you need a qualified, skilled technician from Bitter Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.. Replacement can be expensive, so we always attempt to repair your air conditioning system first and will only recommend a new system if your existing equipment is unsafe or unsalvageable.
We start with a thorough examination of your air conditioner and provide a detailed explanation of the problem, along with a free estimate of the repair. Once we’ve fixed your AC, our technicians will even leave you with simple preventative maintenance tips so you can avoid future problems and extend the life of your unit.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
While air conditioning repair might always seem like the most cost effective solution, sometimes it's more financially prudent to opt for replacement when you consider the following:
1. The age of the unit - On average an AC unit will last from eight to twelve years. Exactly how long your AC unit survives depends on your use, environment, and maintenance levels.
2. The frequency of repairs - If you're needing AC repair seemingly every season, then it might be more cost-effective to replace your unit because it's likely on its last legs.
3. The cost of a repair - If any AC repair multiplied by the age of the AC unit in years is greater than the cost of a new unit, you should just get a new unit.
4. Is the AC the right size? - If your unit is turning on and off repeatedly, then it's possible that your unit is too big for your home and no AC repair can fix that. Alternatively, if your AC is too small then you'll need to upgrade your unit as well.
5. Does it require R22 Freon? - While the banned coolant is still available and not illegal to use, its production has ceased and it will become very expensive as years go by.
24/7 Emergency AC Repair in Baton Rouge
There is never a good time for your air conditioner to break down, but weekends and holidays are especially inconvenient. Our technicians perform repairs during the normal business day, after hours, on holidays, and on weekends. If your system breaks down at an unusual time, you can count on us for prompt emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Is your air conditioning system malfunctioning? Call (225) 500-2035 to get started on your next Baton Rouge AC repair today!
Need new equipment? We offer special financing for 36 months with approved credit!
Indoor Comfort Specialists
We take preventative maintenance measures to keep our customers comfortable year-round.
Free & Detailed Estimates
The Bitter team is trained to repair or install many different HVAC brands.